Shop by Brand
The original Tummy Tub is a unique womb-shaped bathing tub that eases baby’s transition from a familiar, safe place to an unknown world. Enormously popular in Europe, this alternative to the standard baby bath makes bath time stress-free for babies and parents alike! Tummy Tub is in compliance with all current safety standards as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA). All products have been tested and approved by CPSC approved testing facilities. View the Tummy Tub FAQ page for more info. Check out the Tummy Tub YouTube page to see the Tummy Tub in action. Made in Belgium.
- SAFBaby.com Excellence Award winner
- Transparent material allows full view of baby from all sides
- Used by millions of babies worldwide safely since its first use in 1996
- Easy to position baby comfortably
- Baby instinctively assumes fetal position
- Exceptionally therapeutic for premature babies
- Versatile on counter top or in regular bath tub
- Small water surface maintains comfortable water temperature
- Ergonomic handles make carrying tub easy, comfortable & safe
- Durable materials & design
- 5 inch water mark clearly shows ideal water level to keep baby comfortable & safe
- All smooth edges
- Anti-skid base and low center of gravity prevent tub from tipping over
- Optional stand raises Tummy Tub to a comfortable sitting level & doubles as a stool with storage inside
- Developed and recommend by mothers, doctors & midwives
- Highest quality polypropylene (#5 plastic)
- Each Tummy Tub comes with a booklet and a CD-Rom of helpful videos
- Reusable & Recyclable
- Ideal for babies from birth to approximately 18 months
- Fully compliant with new CPSIA regulations
- TUV, BSI & ASTM tested and approved
- Meets the most stringent safety regulations worldwide
- Purchase with Tummy Tub Stand/Step Stool & get free shipping
** Available in contiguous USA only
Tummy Tub is available in Green Tint, Sparkling Blue & Sparkling Pink:
Tummy Tub Stand is available in Blue & Pink:
The Premium Natural Sea Silk Sponge is the softest sponge in the world! Incredibly gentle and absorbent, it is the perfect choice for bathing newborns and babies. Hand picked for size and quality, the natural silk sponge creates a luxuriant lather with just a drop of baby wash or soap. Unlike synthetic sponges and washcloths, the sea sponge naturally inhibits the growth of bacteria and is sustainably harvested from a renewable resource. Humans have been using sea sponges around the world for many centuries. Package contains 1 sea sponge.
- 100% natural
- ultra soft bath sponge feels like silk when wet
- Super absorbent
- Very durable & long lasting
- Sustainably harvested from a renewable domestic source
- Measures approximately 4"
- Can be used as a facial or cosmetic sponge for adults
- Natural & safe alternative for baby’s sensitive skin
- Naturally inhibits bacteria growth
Please note: due to the organic nature of the sea sponge, each one will vary slightly in size, color, and shape. Wash sponge with soap & water before first use.
The idea for the Tummy Tub came from a young mother, Anita Belderok, in the Netherlands. Bathing babies in buckets had been endorsed by Dutch midwives and maternity nurses since the 1950's. For Dutch midwives and maternity nurses this ‘bucket therapy’ was already common practice, as they had found out that newborns were much more comfortable being bathed in a bucket, than in the mini-size version of the adult bath.
Most babies have trouble adapting to their new world after being in mother’s womb for nine months. Noise, bright lights, less control of movement due to gravity at full force, hunger, thirst, digestion of food and a sensation of being lost in space without physical support have to be coped with. This causes a lot of uneasiness for newborn infants. The resemblance of the mother’s womb in size, warmth all over the body, a sheltered environment, support from the sides and bottom, as well as sitting in a familiar fetal position quickly calms baby down. Due to the smaller water surface, the water also stays warm longer.
The initial idea won ‘Dutch Idea of the year’ in 1993. It was further developed and designed with the help of midwives, nurses, child psychologists, child physiotherapists, ob-gyns and pediatricians in the Netherlands to improve upon the initial idea and design of Tummy Tub. Because of the well hewn design, parents can hold baby with one hand and use the other to wash baby. Naturally, Tummy Tub was designed with smooth edges and is made of the most baby friendly materials. This is the reason why it has passed every safety regulation all over the world and comes out as ‘simply the best’ in every test against competitive products. Not to mention it has been used in neonatal and maternity wards all over the world! Therefore, Tummy Tub can truly claim to be second best (with mother's womb being the undisputed first). Welcome to the world... nearly as nice as mommy’s tummy!
info@BabyEcoTrends.com | Site Updated March 7, 2014 | ©2008-2014 Baby Eco Trends, LLC